Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blogblast for Peace 2009 and Thursday 13: Edition Two

We are peace loving cats. We're proud and happy to participate in
Mimi Lennox's 2009 Blogblast for Peace.
Since the 2009 Blogblast for peace happens to be on a Thursday, We are going to list thirteen of our favorite anti-war songs. We think this list dovetails nicely with the blogblast for peace. (pun intended!) So here is our list:
1) Peace Train by Cat Stephens


2) Give Peace a Chance by John Lennon & Yoko Ono

3) Peace, Love and Understanding by Elvis Costello

4) Get Together by The Youngbloods

5) Blowin' in the Wind by Bob Dylan

6) Imagine by John Lennon

7) Eve of Destruction by Barry McGuire

8) Universal Soldier by Donovan

9) Woodstock by Joni Mitchell

10) Ohio by Neil Young

11) What's Going On? by Marvin Gaye

12) Doctor My Eyes by Jackson Browne

13) The Times They Are a Changin' by Bob Dylan

We hope to live in a peaceable world someday. Peace, love, and purrs! Busby and Raymond


What are your favorite peace songs? Link your bloggie below! Peace!


20 comments:

  1. great lists and fun cat pictures sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom doesn't have a favorite "peace" song. She just hopes it will come some day. We're purrin' for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list.

    My favorite "peace" song that you haven't listed would be Simon and Garfunkel's Silent Night/7 o clock news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. Great list. My first choice was Peace Train, too. Cat Stevens? well duhr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mochy, ha! We just got that. We're a little slow this morning. World Series cut into our sleeping time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very nice Peace post. Peace to all, everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We vote for peace, too, and do what we can to promote it in our part of this big world.

    Thank you for signing up to follow us. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful peace list. You two look quite peaceful in your photo.

    Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you listed just about every peace song ever made.


    My T13 is up 13 Things I Should Have Said and the 13 Things I Said. Stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent song choices, my dear kitties. I have always been a fan of Imagine and Peace Train.

    I've also always liked the Simon and Garfunkel version of Scarborough Fair/Canticle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great list! And perfect for today.
    Peace to you Raymond & Busby.

    Glogirly & Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peace to you!! Most of our favorites are on your list...like What's Going On...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peace to you,

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you peace today and always,
    Together we build a peaceful World,
    one paw at a time!
    Lucky, Bugsy and Hope ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peace to you two lovely kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful list of Peace songs ;-)
    I'm sharing my T-13 belatedly but participated in the Blog Blast for Peace yesterday on all 4 of my blogs ... just because.
    Hugs and blessings,
    Happily Retired Gal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good idea! Peace to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the song list. I used Cat Stevens for my blogblast theme and globe last year.

    My song choice for you...?

    My African Dream by Juluka

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the idea of listing the peace songs. What a great list you have here. Thank you for participating in November 2009.

    You are officially #1673 in the Peace Globe Gallery at blogblastforpeace.com

    Hope to see you again this year!
    Dona nobis pacem,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Give us a meow, or a purr or a headbutt. No hisses please!